Updated March 24, 2021
To the extent we provide you with notice of different or additional privacy policies, those policies will govern such interactions.
Chatitive helps direct-to-consumer brands build relationships with their customers, engage in conversations, and sell more products faster over mobile messaging. Chatitive is an indirect wholly owned subsidiary of The Rocket Science Group LLC d/b/a Mailchimp. Chatitive is headquartered and located in the State of Washington in the United States.
How We Collect Information
Information You Provide To Us
You (or your organization) may provide certain Personal Information to us when you sign up for an account, use the Services, request customer support, or otherwise communicate with us. This may include business contact information (such as your name, job title, organization, location, phone number, email address, and country); marketing information (such as your contact preferences); account log-in credentials; troubleshooting and support data; payment information (including your payment card, electronic payment, or bank information and billing address); and any other information you choose to provide us.
Information We Collect Automatically
When you access or use our Services, we and our third-party service providers may automatically collect or receive certain information about you, your device, or usage of the Services, including:
- Log Information: We collect log information about your use of the Services, including the pages you request, the type of browser and operating system you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address, and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
- Device Information: We collect information about the device and applications you use to access the Service, such as your IP address, your operating system, your browser ID, viewfinder size, and other information about your system and connection. We may also collect information about the cellular network associated with your mobile device, your mobile device’s operating system or platform, the type of mobile device you use, and your mobile device’s name and unique device ID.
- Usage Data: We collect usage data about you whenever you interact with our Service, which may include the dates and times you access the Service and your browsing activities (such as what portions of the Service you used, session duration, links clicked, non-sensitive text entered, and mouse movements). We also collect information regarding the performance of the Service and any integrations you enable, including metrics related to the deliverability of messages you send through the Service, customer, order, and fulfillment information, or other information based on the integration enabled. This information allows us to improve the content and operation of the Service, and facilitate research and analysis of the Service.
- Service Information: We may collect information that is created or provided by you during your use of the Services. For example, if you enable users to send SMS messages through the Services, Chatitive may collect and maintain the call data (recipient phone number, size and time of message and other transactional data), call or messaging logs, traffic and routing information, and content of communications sent through the Services, such as audio recordings, message bodies, and call recording transcriptions.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may also obtain information from other sources, including, from time to time, wireless carriers and operators, and combine that with information we collect through our Services.
How We Use Information
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain, and improve our Services;
- Provide and deliver the products and services you request, process transactions, and send you related information, including confirmations and invoices;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests, and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events offered by Chatitive and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Evaluate and process applications for employment, internships and other work related positions at Chatitive;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Services;
- Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities, and protect the rights and property of Chatitive and others;
- Enforce compliance with our Terms and applicable law, and to protect the rights and safety of our customers;
- Meet legal requirements, including comply with court orders, valid discovery requests, subpoenas, and other appropriate legal mechanisms;
- Cooperate with legal and regulatory requirements, and contractually-required requests to audit Chatitive’s records;
- To prosecute and defend a court, arbitration, or similar legal proceeding;
- Provide information to representatives and advisors, including attorneys and accountants, to help us comply with legal, accounting, or security requirements;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
How We Share Information
We may share and disclose your personal information to the following types of third parties for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice.
- Related Companies. We may share information with our affiliates or related companies such as The Rocket Science Group LLC d/b/a Mailchimp. You can learn more about Mailchimp and its privacy practices here.
- Other Parties in Connection With a Corporate Transaction. We reserve the right to share or transfer any information to a potential buyer (and its agents and advisors) in the case of a sale, merger, consolidation, liquidation, reorganization, or acquisition. In that event, any acquirer will be subject to our obligations under this Privacy Notice including your rights to access and choice.
- Other Parties When Required by Law or as Necessary to Protect our Users and Services. We may share your information to comply with any competent law enforcement body, regulatory body, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary, as a matter of applicable law or regulation, to exercise, establish, or defend our legal rights, or to protect your vital interests or those of any other person.
- Otherwise with Your Consent or At Your Direction. We may share information about you with third parties whenever you consent to or direct such sharing.
Chatitive takes appropriate and reasonable technical and organizational measures designed to protect Personal Information from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction taking into account the risks involved in the processing and the nature of the Personal Information. To help improve your security, we do not recommend using the Services if your web browser is unable to create a successful secure connection (https), and we recommend that you log out of any active session when you are not using the Services.
Chatitive accounts require a username and password to log in. Customers must keep their username and password secure, and never disclose it to a third party.
You may update, correct, or delete information about you at any time by logging into your online account, or contacting us as described below. Please note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from Chatitive by following the instructions in those communications or by contacting us as described below. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about our ongoing business relations.
Chatitive allows all subscribers the ability to opt-out quickly, easily, and permanently from receiving future text messages from any texting campaign. This is done by responding to any messages with the word “STOP”. Subscribers can also use the words REMOVE, OPT OUT or CANCEL. If you need additional help unsubscribing from a texting campaign, please contact us via the method(s) provided below.
The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) provides California consumers (as defined by the CCPA) with specific rights regarding their personal information. California consumers have the right to request that businesses subject to the CCPA disclose certain information about their collection, use, and sharing of your California personal information over the past 12 months. A description of the categories of information we collect and the categories of sources we collect information from can be found under the section above headed “How We Collect Information.” Additionally, a description of the purposes for our use of personal information can be found in the section above headed “How We Use Information.”
Under the CCPA, California consumers may also ask a business to disclose specific pieces of personal information that the business has collected about the consumer. If the business sells personal information, California consumers have a right to opt-out of that sale. Finally, a business cannot discriminate against California consumers for exercising a CCPA right.
In addition, California consumers have the right to ask such businesses to delete personal information collected from California consumers, subject to certain exceptions as required or permitted by applicable law.
Under the CCPA, California consumers may also ask us for details about how we collect, use, and share your personal information. You may also request to receive the specific pieces of personal information that we have collected about you.
Chatitive does not, and does not intend to, sell personal information (as “sale” is defined by the CCPA) and we do not have actual knowledge that we sell the personal information of consumers under 16 years old. The CCPA currently exempts personal information reflecting a written or verbal business-to-business communication (“B2B Personal Information”) from certain of the law’s requirements, and also currently exempts personal information collected and used about a natural person acting as a business’s employee or contractor (“Personnel Information”). The rights described in this section may not apply to B2B Personal Information or Personnel Information.
Consistent with California law, if you choose to exercise your applicable CCPA rights, we won’t charge you different prices or provide you with a different quality of services. If we ever offer a financial incentive or product enhancement that is contingent upon you providing your personal information, we will not do so unless the benefits to you are reasonably related to the value of the personal information that you provide to us. Over the past 12 months, we have disclosed the following categories of personal information for our business purposes to the following categories of recipients:
- Contact Information, Professional Information, Communication History (disclosed to our related companies, affiliates, and service provider vendors such as those described above in the section titled “How We Share Information”).
- Device information, usage data, and location information (may be disclosed to related companies, affiliates, IT support vendors and advertising and analytics providers as described above in the section titled “How We Share Information”).
- Do Not Track
Certain laws require us to indicate whether we honor “Do Not Track” settings in your browser. Courier adheres to the standards set out in this Privacy Notice and does not monitor or follow any Do Not Track browser requests.
- Retention of Data
We retain personal information for as long as we need it for a legitimate business or legal need to do so. Our retention periods will vary depending on the type of data involved, but, generally, we refer to these criteria in order to determine retention period:
- Whether we have a legal or contractual need to retain the data.
- Whether the data is necessary to provide our Services or the Site.
- Whether the data is necessary to carry out a transaction you have requested.
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it.
- Contact Us